Community members to report bushfire damage on NSW Police Force website

The NSW Police Force has created a new online form for people impacted by bushfires across the state to report property damage.

The online form allows people to report damage to structures – including homes, sheds and businesses – as well as vehicles and vessels – including cars, caravans, tractors, boats, jet skis and yachts – and household property such as televisions, laptops, lounges and bicycles.

For an official NSW Police Force report to be created, you will need to have the following information:

  • Your details as the person making the report
  • Details of any owners of the property
  • Details of your insurer, if available
  • Location of where the damage occurred
  • Details of the property that was damaged
  • How the property was damaged

Multimedia – including photos and video – can also be uploaded online.

After completing the form, you will be issued with a Bushfire Report Reference Number, that can be used when speaking with police and insurance providers.

The report will then be reviewed by a PoliceLink Customer Service Representative and once accepted, an official NSW Police Force Event number will be provided.

Community members are reminded that the online form is for reporting damage to property only.

Any reports of injury or death of animals cannot be recorded using the form, and for these matters, please contact PoliceLink on 131 444 or contact your local police station.

For more information, visit and follow the prompts, or head directly to

Remember that Triple Zero (000) should only be called for emergencies and life-threatening situations.

Service NSW has also established – 13 77 88 – a central contact number to assist people in bushfire areas with accommodation options, relevant charitable services, mental health and wellbeing services, registering for the clean-up, financial assistance, insurance and legal support.

/Public Release. View in full here.