Toowoomba Regional Council (TRC) is seeking nominations from community members who are interested in serving on TRC’s Biosecurity Advisory Committee. Nominations for the committee close at 5.00 pm on Monday 13 July 2020.
TRC Biosecurity Advisory Committee Chair, Cr Nancy Sommerfield said residents with a passion for controlling invasive plants and animals across the region were welcome to apply for a position.
“The committee will include representatives from Council, the Queensland Government, regional natural resource management groups, industry sectors and the community,” Cr Sommerfield said.
“Applicants ideally need to be committed to best practice biosecurity outcomes, and preferably have some practical experience in pest or weed management.
“Committee Members should also have the ability to represent and liaise with different groups across the community and refer issues and concerns to the Biosecurity Advisory Committee and Council.
“Members of the community who are interested in applying should have –
- a demonstrated commitment to pest management and preferably some practical experience
- the ability to represent and liaise with sections of the community
- an ability to relay issues of community concern to the Biosecurity Advisory Committee and Council
- and understanding of Biosecurity and legislative requirements relating to it
- the availability to attend four morning committee meetings per year.
“Applicants are encouraged to read through the Terms of Reference and position description. Please refer to www.tr.qld.gov.au/advisorycommittees
“Nomination letters should include a current CV and a brief (1 page) explanation of the reasons for seeking appointment to the Advisory Committee, including the value you will bring to discussions.”