Council has released a second package to support the people of Hobsons Bay during the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. The package focusses on further measures to alleviate financial pressure on local businesses, community groups and sporting clubs. It also supports some of our city’s most vulnerable community members and shines a light on the resilience of our Hobsons Bay community.
Financial and network assistance for local businesses
Our local businesses continue to be hit hard by the effects of the Coronavirus. With further business closures and shut downs of some non-essential services, Council has introduced a range of initiatives intended to help provide further relief to financial burden being experienced across the municipality.
- Full rental rebate until 30 June 2020 for eligible business tenants paying rent in a Council-owned building
- Refund of food premises registration fees already paid in the current financial year
- Refund of outdoor trading permit fees already paid in the current financial year
- Interest free deferral of the next two quarterly rates payments (May and September) for eligible local business (via the Hardship Policy)
- Waiver of planning application fees for the next six months for new start-up businesses
- Creation of online local business network forum as part of our Crisis Business Support Network to connect with each other and share government updates
- Establishment of a business roundtable comprising local professionals and traders, to advise Council of ongoing business support needs