Greater Shepparton City Council is again making changes to services and facilities as regional Victoria enters Stage 3 of State Government restrictions and a State of Disaster.
From midnight on Wednesday 5 August, Council will assist in slowing the spread of COVID-19 in our region by closing several facilities for six weeks, or until government restrictions change.
Council places the highest priority on the health and wellbeing of the community and its staff at all times, and despite some closures, critical services will continue to be provided particularly for the most vulnerable members of our community.
The mandatory wearing of masks is an important step to keep our community safe and well. Council is assisting by distributing masks to vulnerable people in our municipality via community organisations.
As of close of business on Wednesday 5 August 2020 the following arrangements will be in place. For detailed information, please visit our website:
- Activities in the Park – postponed until January 2021
- Animal Shelter
- Eastbank and Westside including Eastbank Cafe
- Greater Shepparton Business Centre
- GV Libraries
- Parks, Playgrounds and Recreation Reserves including skateparks, off-leash dog park and outdoor gym equipment
- Resale Shop at Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre
- Senior Citizens facilities
- Shepparton Art Museum
- Shepparton Sports Stadium
- Tatura Park Exhibition and Events Complex
- Visitor Centre
Operating with Restrictions
- Building and Planning
- Community Rangers
- Customer Service
- Maternal and Child Health Services
- Resource Recovery Centres
- Victoria Park Lake Caravan Park
- Botanic Gardens
- Family Day Care
- Immunisation sessions
- Long Day Care
- Meals on Wheels
- Public Toilets
- Sharps disposal – collection service available
Customer Service counter service will be closed as of Thursday for the next six weeks while our region goes back into Stage 3 restrictions.
We can however continue to assist you via:
- Calling 5832 9700 Monday to Friday from 8:15am to 5:00pm