Published on 04 August 2020
Following the Victorian Government’s direction to implement Stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria a number of Council services will close or be delivered differently if deemed to be an essential service.
Campaspe Shire Council CEO, Declan Moore said the directions will result in the closure of libraries, sport centres, playgrounds and many other services and facilities, from close of business on Wednesday, 5 August.
“While maintaining essential services to the community is always Council’s priority, we must abide by all Government and Chief Public Health Officer directions to limit the spread of COVID-19,” Mr Moore said.
Stage 3 restrictions will result in the following change to services:
- Customer service centres – operating as normal.
- Library branches and depots – closed.
- Waste collections and transfer stations – operating as normal.
- Immunisations – by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 1300 666 535.
- Echuca War Memorial Aquatic Centre (EWMAC) – closed.
- Port of Echuca Discovery Centre – closed.
- Playgrounds, skateparks & outdoor gym equipment – closed.
- Sport stadiums – closed.
- Animal shelter – services by appointment only.
- Maternal & Child Health Service – phone consultations available, with face to face consultations restricted.
Mr Moore highlighted that while customer service centres remain open in line with current directions, customers are encouraged to call, email or use online services where possible.
“While libraries will be closed, online options remain available. All current library books on loan will be automatically renewed with no accrual of fines,” he said.
“Library staff will be available during business hours to support library members, including providing support to online services on 5481 2400.”