COVID Business Support Officers will be visiting hospitality businesses in the coming weeks to provide guidance and information around COVIDSafe practices, including current restriction requirements.
The officers are here to support you and your business during the fast moving changes to restrictions, isolation and other COVID requirements in response to the Omicron variant and rising case numbers.
They are not visiting to enforce compliance of COVID restrictions, and have no power to issue infringements. COVID-19 restrictions are enforced by Victoria Police.
During these educational visits, advice and information will be provided which includes but is not limited to:
- COVIDSafe Plans
- QR code and vaccination check in requirements
- Physical and social distancing
- Density quotations
- Cleaning and sanitising
- COVID-19 hygiene measures
- Responding to a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the workplace
- Business support and mental health resources