From 11.59pm tonight, COVID restrictions across Victoria (including the City of Yarra) will ease, following the Premier’s announcement this morning.
- The stay at home direction and 5km limit will both be lifted.
- Up to 20 people can gather outdoors from any number of households (infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap).
- You can have up to 5 visitors to your home per day (infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap).
- You must still wear a mask indoors (except in your home), and outdoors when you can’t physically distance from others.
- Hospitality, retail, community facilities, community sport and recreation, entertainment venues and public places can reopen – with some limits on crowd sizes and density.
- Schools and early education will reopen.
- There will be a return to 50% capacity for both public and private offices.
You can find the Premier’s announcement and a list of restrictions and essential workers at the Victorian Government’s website.
Our services are resuming
Yarra’s customer service centres will reopen tomorrow from 8.30am. Our library branches will open from 10am.
There may be some changes to services due to density caps. Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.