More than $2 million in funding has been awarded to a range of local improvement projects for Crown land reserves and facilities across the Barwon region.
Upper House MP Sam Farraway said the funding is being provided by the NSW Government under its Crown Reserves Improvement Fund.
“It’s fantastic to see these funds have been secured for a variety of projects this year under the Crown Reserves Improvement Fund program to maintain and upgrade local reserves as well as community facilities located on them,” Mr Farraway said.
“This funding will see infrastructure upgrades to local community halls, parks, showgrounds, PCYC and sporting clubs, caravan parks, museums, racecourses and more as well as maintenance of Crown reserves through noxious weed and pest control.”
Minister for Water, Property and Housing Melinda Pavey said the NSW Government is providing $51.7 million from the Crown Reserves Improvement Fund this year to support 705 maintenance and upgrade projects on Crown reserves across the State.
“This year’s fund has received a $40 million boost to support communities and impacted by bushfires and COVID-19 by funding improvements and supporting jobs for local trades and materials suppliers,” Minister Pavey said.
“Protecting and enhancing Crown land reserves is essential for the well-being of communities and our environment, and to support recreation, tourism, business, and local economies.”
Among the local projects being funded include:
- $180,410 to purchase and install an amenities block at the northern end of the Baradine showground & Racecourse complex.
- $157,290 to construct a new amenities block at Maules Creek Recreation Reserve.
- $149,600 to upgrade the amenity blocks at the Walgett Showground.
- $143,298 for structural repairs, a new kitchen, installation of insulation, air conditioning and solar panels on the Bearbong Recreation Reserve.
- $121,967 to repair and upgrade the building and fencing on the Marthaguy Public Hall and Recreation Reserve.
- $93,508 for Walgett Show Society to upgrade the exterior, interior and surrounds of the Cryon Hall.
- $92,224 for control of Tiger Pear and African Box Thorn weeds at Gilgandra Showground.
- $88,000 for renovations to the kitchen and supper room at Marra Creek Recreation Reserve.
- $68,411 to install a kitchen and upgrade the cattle yard at Gulargambone Showground.
- $66,057 to repair, upgrade and maintain roads and tracks in the Lightning Ridge area and surrounding opal fields.
- $64,497 for new solar panels, watering system, flood lighting and security cameras at Warrena Weir Recreation Reserve at Coonamble.
- $63,826 to upgrade boundary fencing at Pilliga Common.
- $63,361 for the Lightning Ridge Area Opal Reserve Land Manager to control Hudson Pear weed.
- $53,913 for roof and batten repairs to the Sunset Strip Community Hall on the Lake Menindee Community Centre Reserve.
- $46,420 to upgrade fencing at Pilliga Park.
- $41,442 to upgrade and repair a shed and provide a lockable and secure storage area for the Mendooran Showground.
- $40,370 to upgrade judging and camera towers at the Warren Showground and Racecourse.
- $38,760 for upgrades to access and flooring at Tullibigeal War Memorial Centre.
- $37,348 for Tibooburra Aerodrome for maintenance, safety inspections, installation of a new storage shed, a new windsock, solar light replacement and battery replacement.
- $33,000 for control of African Boxthorn on Euabalong Common.
- $30,000 for Bogan Shire Council to upgrade the Hermidale Showground to remove trip hazards and replace old building posts, rafters and beam.
- $28,582 for Gilgandra Shire Council to upgrade the underground irrigation system at the Gilgandra Rotary Caravan Park.
- $28,499 for control of priority weeds from Chasses to Buddabadah in the Bogan LGA.
- $28,096 to repair and upgrade the cross-country course and construct new and maintain existing jumps at the Coonabarabran Showground.
- $27,500 to control African Olive weed at Yarrawin in Warrambungle LGA.
- $27,032 to upgrade the horse day yards and fencing at Coonabarabran Racecourse.
- $25,256 to control weeds on Travelling Stock Reserves in Nyngan.
- $25,041 for an upgrade to the showground barbeque facility and erection of new safety fencing at Baradine Showground and Racecourse.
- $24,123 for control of weeds on Travelling Stock Reserves in Mumblebone Plain in the Warren LGA.
- $22,605 to upgrade the kitchen and purchase an industrial dishwasher for the M A Davidson Memorial Oval in Bourke.
- $22,550 to replace fencing at the Nyngan Community Hall.
- $18,796 to control weeds on Travelling Stock Reserves in Dandaloo in Lachlan LGA.
- $17,617 to upgrade fencing and stock watering points on Wee Waa Common.
- $16,825 for control of Mother of Millions weed on Albert Reserve in Lachlan LGA.
- $16,796 for control of weeds on Travelling Stock Reserves in Kiacatoo in Lachlan LGA.
- $16,558 for control of weeds on Travelling Stock Reserves in Condobolin.
- $15,988 for control of African Boxthorn and Mimosa Bush weeds on Wee Waa Common.
- $13,538 for control of weeds on Crown Reserves in Condobolin.
- $13,200 for control of Mother of Millions weed on Baradine Showground.
- $12,724 for control of Hudson Pear weed at Quanda-Five Ways in Coonamble LGA.
- $12,000 for control of weeds on Whitton Common
- $11,953 for control of weeds on the Pilliga Common.
- $10,617 for Cobar Shire Council to remove unsafe structures on Canbelego Recreation Reserve.
- $10,000 for control of weeds on the Coonabarabran Common.
- $10,000 to upgrade electrical safety switches on power boxes at Wee Waa Showground.
- $7,318 for control of weeds on the Condobolin Research Station Reserve.
- $6,590 for control of priority weeds on Bourke Crown reserves.
- $3,670 for control of weeds and the removal of rabbit burrows on Lake Cargelligo Sports Ground.
- $2,940 for control of weeds on the New Mollyan Reserve in Warrambungle LGA.
- $2,654 for control of African Boxthorn weed on the Crown Reserve adjoining the Castlereagh River in Gilgandra LGA.
- $2,248 for control of weeds on Pilliga Park.
- $1,990 for control of African Boxthorn weed on Pilliga Racecourse.
- $1,990 for control of mother-of-millions weed on Ryrie Track at Gwabegar in Narrabri LGA.