Industry leaders will give their perspectives on how to improve the Australian Customs System through the establishment of the Customs Advisory Board (the Board)
The Board, whose ten members were selected from across Australian industry, will provide advice to the Australian Border Force (ABF) Commissioner as the ABF takes forward customs and border modernisation.
“By creating a board of industry leaders with significant expertise in trade and travel, and seeking their advice, the ABF will be well placed to undertake our modernisation agenda and support Australia’s continued economic prosperity while keeping Australia safe”, Commissioner Outram said.
“This forum demonstrates the commitment of Australia’s private sector leaders to improving Australia’s trade and travel systems.”
Commissioner Outram will chair the Board, which consists of the below representatives:
- Mr Geoff Culbert, Chief Executive Officer, Sydney Airport
- Mr Shayne Elliott, Chief Executive Officer, ANZ
- Dr Stephanie Fahey, Chief Executive Officer, Austrade
- The Hon Mr Mike Gallacher, Chief Executive Officer, Ports Australia
- Mr Joel Katz, Managing Director, Cruise Lines International Association
- Mr Tino La Spina, Chief Executive Officer International ,Qantas
- Mrs Dianne Tipping, Chair, Export Council of Australia
- Ms Jennifer Westacott, AO, Chief Executive, Business Council of Australia
- Mr Richard White, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, WiseTech Global
- Mr Paul Zalai, Director, Freight and Trade Alliance