Accessing pre-application planning advice is now quicker and easier than ever with a new online booking system.
The pre-application planning support service helps cut red tape and streamline the permit application process. Customers can connect directly with planning officers before an application is lodged to provide a faster process with greater certainty from start to end.
The service is available in two ways – either a free 45-minute face-to-face meeting with a planning officer or via written advice at a cost of $90.
While the service has been available for some time now, the quick and easy online booking system is new.
Through the service, customers can access support including:
- Planning advice about a proposal including whether a planning permit is required.
- Opportunity to make changes to an application in line with Council’s requirements before lodgement.
- Formal registration process on Councils records to streamline a planning permit application once submitted, based on the advice provided.
Free pre-application meeting
All customers are welcome to book a free 45-minute preliminary meeting with a planning officer to seek verbal advice about a proposal.
Customers can check availability and schedule an appointment online via this link. Once a booking is made a confirmation email will be sent including details about the meeting and a link to submit important information to ensure quality advice:
- Written summary about the proposal/enquiry.
- Proposed development plans (if prepared).
- Current Certificate of Title, Plan of Subdivision and any restrictions that may be registered on the Title (i.e. Covenant/Section 173 Agreement). A Title can be obtained at www.landata.vic.gov.au
Advice will be limited if the above information is not submitted before the meeting.
Written planning advice request
For customers unable to attend a face-to-face meeting, or those who prefer a paper trail, the same advice can be sought in writing at a cost of $90. Written planning advice is generally received within 10 business days after a request is lodged.
To apply for written advice, customers can complete a registration form available for download on Council’s website.