The Bureau of Meteorology is expecting winds strong enough to bring down trees and powerlines along the South Coast, Illawarra, Sydney and possibly Central Coast tomorrow. The communities of Sydney, Wollongong, Batemans Bay, Moruya Heads, Ulladulla and Narooma could get damaging winds with peak gusts over 90km/h.
Very heavy surf is also on the cards with localised damage and coastal erosion. People are being asked to stay well away from the surf as beach conditions could be dangerous.
Preparing now will help minimise damage to your home and property.
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
Keep up to date with the latest weather warnings at https://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN21037.shtml