Dog registration is due from 1 July till 31 August 2021. All dogs must be registered once they reach three months of age. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that their dog(s) are registered each year. A late registration fee of $18.00 will be incurred after 31 August.
How do I register my dog(s)?
Visit the Dog and Cats Online (DACO) portal and follow the online registration instructions.
If renewing an existing registration, you will need to enter the unique code received with your renewal notice; you cannot renew your registration until you receive your unique code. You will also require:
- An email address(if you don’t have an email address you will need to attend a Council office to register your dog)
- Your driver’s licence number
- Any concession cards
- Certificate of microchipping/desexing if your dog was microchipped/desexed prior to 1 July 2018 (microchipping has been mandatory since 1 July 2018)
- The breeder of the dog
- Microchip status and who microchipped the dog
- Desexing status and who desexed the dog
- Control orders placed on the dog
- Historical information about the dog