planning permit application for a 250-lot housing development in Nagambie.
The proposed amendment is now on public exhibition.
The amendment has been made at the request of CRC Constructions Pty Ltd and applies to land on the west side of High St, Nagambie and adjoining Lake Nagambie on its western boundary.
The amendment is a combined planning scheme amendment and planning permit application made under section 96A of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
This means it seeks to rezone 41.7ha of land at 401 High St and 19 Lobbs Lane from Farming Zone to General Residential Zone. The proposed planning application then seeks to establish a 250-lot housing development.
The site is within a precinct which forms the northern gateway entrance to Nagambie.
This amendment also seeks to apply updated flood modelling to accurately represent the flood risks and flows to the subject site.
What this means is, the amendment is seeking to amend the use this updated data to remove a floodway overlay at the southern end of the land to allow for residential development.
Strathbogie Shire Council Mayor, Cr Chris Raeburn, said Council understood there would be interest in this combined planning scheme amendment and planning permit application.
“Because of this we have created a series of opportunities for our community to seek further information,” Cr Raeburn said.
“We’re committed to doing as much as we can to ensure our community is informed.”
Members of the public seeking more information on this planning application can:
- Drop into the Lake Nagambie Regatta Centre to speak with our planners, ask questions and gather information on:
- Friday, July 16 from 10am to 4pm
- Friday, July 23 from 10am to 4pm
- Friday, July 30 from 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday, August 4 from 5.30pm to 7pm
- Friday, August 6 from 10am to 4pm, and
- Friday, August 13 from 10am to 4pm.
- Visit our Customer Service Centres in Euroa and Nagambie at any time during the public exhibition period from Monday, July 12 to Friday, August 13 to view the plans.
- Phone the planning team on 1800 065 993.
Click on the following links to view:
The public exhibition period will run from Monday, July 12 to Friday, August 13. Following this Council will consider the application at a public Council Meeting to decide the next steps.