Officers from Moe have arrested and charged a man after drugs and a significant quantity of cash was seized following a crash in Moe South this morning.
Police were patrolling in the vicinity of Wirrana Drive and Coalville Road when they noticed a solo bearing allegedly false registration plates about midnight.
The rider allegedly sped off from police before he appeared to lose control and crash.
The 25-year-old ran from the scene before he was arrested nearby.
A first constable was injured during the arrest when the man allegedly struck the male first constable to the face. He received minor injuries.
A subsequent search uncovered in excess of $50,000 cash and a quantity of methylamphetamine, pills and liquid believed to be GHB.
The man, of no fixed address, has been charged with;
• Traffick commercial quantity of methylamphetamine;
• Traffick methylamphetamine;
• Traffick GHB;
• Possess methylamphetamine;
• Possess GHB;
• Proceeds of crime (in excess of $53,000);
• Assault emergency worker;
• Resist emergency worker; and
• Driving offences (unlicensed/unregistered/false plate)
He was remanded to appear at La Trobe Valley Magistrates’ Court on Monday 18 October 2021.