Sussex Inlet Residents: Evacuate Now
NSW SES is directing people in low lying areas of the following streets to evacuate:
• Wunda Avenue.
• Elmoos Avenue.
• Jacobs Street.
• Poole Avenue.
• River Road.
• Cater Crescent.
• Banksia Street.
• Fairview Avenue.
Note, information currently provided by the Bureau of Meteorology identifies the water level reaching a height to impact these properties. However additional impact may be seen with the influence of wave and wind action. Residents in this area, not identified above should remain alert.
1. Residents should relocate personal possessions to a safe place.
2. Leave now, leave the high danger area and move to safety
Why we are directing people to evacuate. Once floodwater enters low lying areas of Sussex Inlet, properties will be flooded above floor level, road access will be lost, sewerage lines and power to the area may be lost. If you remain in the area you may be trapped, and it may be too dangerous for NSW SES to rescue you.
Where to go: Those people relocating should attend family and friends in the first instance. If you can’t go to family or friends, please attend the Sussex Inlet Police Station to register for emergency accommodation. The police station is on the corner of Nelson Rd and Banksia Street. Should you be in mandatory self-isolation due to COVID19 please call the Public Health Information line on 1300 066 055 for advice.
Simple things you can do now:
• Take pets, essential items, warm clothes, medicines, insurance documents and valuables with you.
• Leave as early as possible to avoid restricted road access
• Share this information with family, friends and neighbours and help others where possible.