NSW SES is directing people within Terara, East Nowra, Worrigee and North Nowra in the following location to Evacuate by 10:00pm Sunday 9th August 2020.
- Residents in Terara village including: Terara Road, South Street, Bryant Street, Southern Road, West Berry Street, Holme Street, Forsyth Street, Fox Street, Nobbler Lanes, Comerong Island Road and Millbank Road.
- Shoalhaven Ski Park, North Nowra
- Shoalhaven Zoo, North Nowra
- Nowra Golf Club, North Nowra
- Nowra Sailing Club, Nowra
- Plunket St (Eastern End), East Nowra
- Dryden Close, East Nowra
- Bennett Pl (Northern End), Worrigee
- Grady’s Riverside Retreat
Residents should relocate personal possessions to a safe place.
By 10:00pm, leave the high danger area and move to safety outside the above identified areas. Why we are directing people to evacuate. Properties in these areas are likely to become inundated by flood water. If you remain in the area after 10:00pm, you may be trapped and it may be too dangerous for SES to rescue you.
Where to go: Those people relocating should attend family and friends in the first instance. If you can’t go to family or friends, please attend the Nowra Police Station located at 88 Plunkett St, Nowra where you can register for emergency accommodation. Should you be in mandatory self-isolation due to COVID19 please call the Public Health Information line on 1300 066 055 for advice.
Simple things you can do now:
Issued By: Colin Malone, Incident Controller