5 September 2019
Mornington Peninsula Shire is planning a new and improved community facility in Flinders with two concept plans now open for public feedback.
We are looking for the best outcome for a Flinders Civic Hall, either a revamp or a new hall, to provide a range of areas for new activities based on what the community told us they want to see.
Some of the things our community told us were:
- Be bold and brave in developing a new facility for Flinders
- Enhance the flexibility of the design to incorporate the indoor and outdoor spaces
- Build a new facility that will meet the needs of the community over the next 50 years
- Provide spaces to attract increased participation for all types of activities
- Simply renewing the existing building is not enough to increase patronage
- The current building is past its useful life and no longer fit for purpose
- Explore the opportunity to create a Community Hub, not just a Hall upgrade
Mornington Peninsula Shire Mayor and Red Hill Ward Councillor David Gill said community feedback has been the major influence on two proposed concepts for a new and improved community facility.
“We met with a broad range of the Flinders and surrounding community and heard some great ideas and feedback on how the hall is used and what you want to see in Flinders.
“Two concept plans for a new community space are now available for everyone to view and provide feedback on”, concluded Cr Gill.
HOW TO HAVE YOUR SAY
View the concept plans and provide your feedback online at mornpen.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
Documents will also be available to read in hard copy at the Shire’s offices in Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings.
Email your submission with the subject line “Flinders Civic Hall Concept Plans” to: [email protected]
Attention: Infrastructure Planning
Re: Flinders Civic Hall Concept Plans
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000, Rosebud VIC 3939
Community consultation opens Friday 6 September and closes 5pm 27 September 2019.