Lithgow City Council is seeking Expression of Interest from community groups for the Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program.
Lithgow City Council has secured funding from the NSW Government to partner with community groups to deliver eligible community events or festivals that will provide immediate positive economic and social benefits to regional NSW.
Lithgow City Council Mayor Maree Statham said, “This a great opportunity to rebuild the community spirit and will provide a revenue-boost to local businesses following the COVID -19 restrictions.”
- be open to all members of the public
- free to attend or a very small fee to cover any extra costs
- have a primary purpose of reconnecting communities and improving social cohesion of the local community
- be held before 31 March 2023.
To view the full details of the program go to: Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program | NSW Government
An Expression of Interest submission form is on the Lithgow City Council website https://council.lithgow.com/expression-of-interest-for-reconnecting-regional-nsw-community-events-program/ Closing date for submissions is Friday 3 June 2022.
To support the Expressions of Interest, Lithgow City Council is holding a free online workshop to support eligible local community and business groups with their event ideas and EOI submissions covering:
- Background to the Regional NSW Community Events Program
- Lithgow Council’s Role – the EOI process, timing, money flow
- Key Things to Think About – activities eligible for funding, assessment criteria and acquittals
- Council’s Expressions of Interest form
- Questions and Answers
This workshop will be recorded, which will be accessible for later viewing.
Date: Friday, 13 May 2022
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM