We are proud to announce the finalists in the annual Premier’s Sustainability Awards, which recognise and celebrate Victorians who are leading the way in sustainable innovation and practices.
The 33 finalists span 11 categories, including a new category celebrating the outstanding contribution of volunteers.
Now in their 17th year, the awards continue to go from strength to strength. We had a record number of entries to the awards in 2019, with a high calibre of entries across the board.
As environmental sustainability becomes increasingly important for communities, businesses, industries and government, the awards play a significant role in sharing success stories that we can learn from and be inspired by.
This year’s finalists showcase an array of inspiring and diverse initiatives including:
- a settlement agency that has regenerated an historic garden in collaboration with local refugees
- a company revolutionising fuel management for petrol stations and suppliers
- a volunteer program connecting people with parks
- a hospital reducing healthcare waste by re-homing second-hand equipment such as crutches and shower chairs
- a hotel soap recycling initiative saving disadvantaged children’s lives through improved hand hygiene
- a family farm producing sustainable wool
- a water treatment plant with a workforce of worms.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Thursday 10 October at the Forum Melbourne.