Two men have been charged with 17 offences following a police pursuit through the Central Coast yesterday.
Officers from Tuggerah Lakes Police District attempted to stop the driver of a Holden Commodore when he was seen at a service station at Lake Munmorah about 6.30pm on Saturday 12 January 2019.
Police will allege the driver refused to stop and a pursuit was initiated, continuing through Lake Munmorah to Budgewoi and Halekulani, before the car crashed at Buff Point.
The driver, a 25-year-old man, from Fishing Point, was arrested after a foot pursuit. He was taken to Wyong Police Station and charged with 11 offences.
• Police pursuit – not stop – drive at speed
• Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
• Negligent driving
• Enter enclosed land without lawful excuse (three charges)
• Knowingly make false/misleading statement
• Possess prohibited drug
• Drive while disqualified
• Carry cutting weapon upon apprehension, and
• Not give particulars to other driver.
He has also been charged with two outstanding warrants.
The passenger, a 23-year-old man, from Halekulani, was arrested at the scene and was taken to Wyong Police Station where he was charged with six offences.
• Possess shortened firearm
• Possess unregistered firearm-prohibited firearm
• Possess ammunition w/o holding licence/permit/authority
• Acquire etc firearm – subject to prohibition order
• Acquire etc ammunition subject to prohibition order, and
• Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period.
Police continue to investigate a public place shooting at Dudley Street, Gorokan, about 4.10am on Friday 11 January 2019. A shortened rifle, ammunition and methamphetamine were seized when the vehicle was searched.
Both men have been refused bail to appear in Wyong Local Court today (Sunday 13 January 2019).