NSW Health has provided 120,000 disposable face masks to small businesses in the Byron Shire.
The measure is designed to help small businesses and their customers comply with the NSW Health Order that came into effect at 5pm yesterday mandating people in indoor venues and premises to wear face masks.
Council is helping NSW Health with the distribution of the face masks. Small business operators can pick a free box of face masks from the following locations:
- Byron Visitor Centre (until 4pm today)
- Byron Shire Council Office at Mullumbimby (until 4pm today)
- Habitat – Byron Arts and Industry Estate (from 3pm today)
- Billinudgel Hotel (until 4pm today, Friday 2 April – Monday 5 April 10am – 2pm)
- Ocean Shores Tavern (until 10pm today, Friday 2 April noon – 10pm, Saturday 3 April 8:30am – 10pm, Sunday 4 April 10am – 10pm)
- Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre (Friday 2 April – Sunday 4 April from 10am – 2pm)
The Bangalow Chamber of Commerce will be distributing the masks to small businesses in Bangalow.