Horsham Riverside Caravan Park is set to be upgraded after Horsham Rural City Council successfully applied for Victorian Government funding.
The $113,352 Great Outdoors grant will be spent on improving accessibility and general amenities at the park.
- Installation of a new pre-fabricated all abilities ensuite for caravan/camping site
- Specialised furniture to improve access in two cabins
- Upgrade of caravan park sites with concrete slabs and new utility connections
- Installation of a Dump Ezy waste system inside the park
- Construction of a new storage room
Council are undertaking this project in partnership with Southern Cross Parks.
Manager Angela Jolly said the upgrade would make staying at the caravan park an attractive option for more people.
“We identified some key priorities for improvement and working together with Council, this grant will allow us to deliver these,” Ms Jolly said.
“A particularly exciting element will be our first all abilities ensuite to support a caravan or camping site.”
HRCC Chief Executive Officer Sunil Bhalla said the funding has come at an ideal time.
“We have seen regional Victoria becoming a focus for local holiday makers in a huge way as we continue to live with the COVID-19 pandemic,” Mr Bhalla said.
“The Riverside Caravan Park is an important part of our strategic vision for the riverfront and this grant will improve accessibility options and enhance visitor experiences,” he said.