Wellington Shire Council is again calling on community groups seeking up to $5,000 project funding to apply for the second round of Community Assistance Grants for 2019.
Applications are now open for the grants, available to assist in the funding of initiatives that build capacity, promote participation and work together to maintain community assets and support cultural development.
Funding applications are currently being invited from Wellington Shire not for profit groups seeking funding of $2,000 to $5,000 in the following categories:
- Community Events – applications will be considered for events that celebrate the community, or aspects of culture and identity.
- Community Projects – applications will be considered for projects that fulfil a demonstrated community need and benefit the diverse community
- Community Facilities – applications will be considered for minor capital works projects that increase the access and use of a facility for the community.
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Alan Hall said previous successful applicants presented strong cases of how Council funding would greatly benefit the communities of Wellington Shire.
“I look forward to seeing a broad range of applications again through this round of Community Assistance Grants and encourage groups considering seeking funding to send in their applications before 1 August,” Cr Hall said.
Council will also hold information sessions to assist community organisations with their applications.
Three sessions will be held at the Wellington Shire Council office, Desailly St, Sale on:
- Monday, 15 July at 12pm
- Thursday, 18 July at 4pm
- Friday, 19 July at 9am
Two further sessions will also be held at:
- Rosedale Neighbourhood House, Tuesday 9 July 5.30pm
- Loch Sport Bowls Club, Thursday 11 July 11am
Bookings essential by phoning the Community Facilities Planning and Grants Officer on 1300 366 244
Council offers two rounds of Community Assistance Grants each year, as well as Quick Response Grants of up to $2,000.00 for minor community events, projects and facilities which are available all year round.