Townsville City Council is joining more than 400,000 people across the country this weekend for the annual Garage Sale Trail.
The event is designed to increase community interaction while also supporting sustainable practice in regional cities like Townsville.
Councillor Ann-Maree Greaney said Council was committed to supporting environmentally-friendly events like the Garage Sale Trail.
“This event is going to help find new homes for many items which would have otherwise ended up in landfill,” Cr Greaney said.
“Council is always looking for ways to divert useable items like furniture, clothing or books from the dump.”
Garage Sale Trail co-founder Andrew Valder said more than two million items would be listed for sale across the country this weekend.
“The sellers who have a bit of fun with their garage sale name and go to town on marketing are the ones who bring home the bacon and sell the most,” he said.
The Garage Sale Trail will run on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.
To get involved with the Garage Sale Trail head to garagesaletrail.com.au.
- Registration is free at garagesaletrail.com.au
- Host your sale or shop the Trail on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October
- 16,000+ forecast garage sales taking place on the one weekend nationally
- 400,000+ participants expected nationally
- 2 million items projected to be listed nationally
- $3 million+ changing hands