Landholders that want more information or have a burning question about lamb production are encouraged to attend Western Local Land Services’ upcoming workshop series which will explore lamb production and how landholders can increase their productivity and profitability.
Landholders will have the opportunity to chat with Western Local Land Services’ District Veterinarians and local staff members in an informal setting, looking at ways to increase the production of their flock, while also addressing what can or is causing problems for them or other producers.
Some of the items which will be up for discussion include:
- pre-joining (looking at the condition of your ewes and rams)
- joining period (paddock size, timeframe, ewe and ram numbers)
- lambing (pregnancy scanning and associated benefits, nutrition, stress on ewes)
- lamb marking (looking at the difference in your numbers, nutrition, the impact of pest animals, mismanagement).
- 9 am Monday 16 Sept – Darnick Hall
- 2 pm Monday, 16 Sept – Ivanhoe Hotel
- 6 pm Monday, 16 Sept – Ivanhoe Hotel
- 9 am Tuesday, 17 Sept – Mossgiel Hall
- 2 pm Tuesday, 17 Sept – Booligal Pub
- 6 pm Tuesday, 17 Sept – Booligal Pub
- 10 am Wednesday, 18 Sept – Hillston RSL.
Landholders unable to make the start time of any particular session are still encouraged to attend where possible as these sessions will be informal and can be joined at any time.