The second round of Council’s Greater Grants Program for 2020/21 will open early next year. Local groups and individuals are being encouraged to start thinking about projects that may benefit the community, particularly initiatives to help strengthen and reconnect after a challenging year.
Grant applications officially open at 9:00am on 18 January 2021 and close at 4:00pm 19 February 2021.
Mayor Cr. Bruach Colliton said Council is pleased to be able to offer funding to community groups across a broad range of grant categories including Community Infrastructure, Arts and Cultural Development, Community Strengthening, Tourism and Events, Environmental Sustainability, and Heritage.
“The first round of Greater Grants funding for 2020/21 was remarkably popular due to the fact we were in tight COVID restrictions. We encouraged communities to think outside the box and plan initiatives to stay connected during the more difficult times,” Cr Colliton said.
The community rose to the challenge and a wide variety of groups were awarded first round of Greater Grants funding for 2020/21 including:
• Coleraine and District Development Association – Old Shire Hall Community Hub
• Penshurst Progress Association – Santa Sleigh / Christmas Display
• Hamilton Old Time Dance Group – Equipment Upgrade
• Coleraine Racing Club – Grandstand Restoration
• Cavendish Townscape – Cavendish Community Information Board
• Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation – Laneway Art Project
• Hamilton Archery Club – Lighting Upgrade