The Department’s Executive Director of Infrastructure Assessments, David Gainsford, said community input is a vital part of the assessment process and encouraged everyone to have their say on the proposal, which is on public exhibition now until Thursday, 12 March 2020.
“The proposal includes the Western Harbour Tunnel, which would stretch from the Warringah Freeway at Cammeray, across Sydney Harbour, connecting to the WestConnex interchange at Rozelle.
“The proposal also includes upgrades to the connection point of the tunnels, at the Warringah Freeway,” Mr Gainsford said.
Designs for the project include plans for a 6.5 kilometre, six-lane tunnel as well as nine kilometres of surface road upgrade, four kilometres of which comprises the Warringah Freeway Upgrade.
If approved, the proposal is predicted to create 7500 full time construction jobs.
“Community input is essential to help us make a thorough and rigorous assessment and ensure potential impacts are fully considered,” Mr Gainsford said. Community members are encouraged to attend Transport for NSW information sessions on the proposal during the 6-week exhibition period at the following locations:
- Thursday 6 February 2020 4pm – 7pm Balmain Town Hall, 370 Darling Street Balmain
- Saturday 8 February 2020 11am – 2pm Fred Hutley Hall, 200 Miller Street, North Sydney
- Thursday 13 February 2020 4pm – 7pm Fred Hutley Hall, 200 Miller Street, North Sydney
- Saturday 15 February 2020 11am – 2pm Norths, 12 Abbott Street, Cammeray
- Thursday 20 February 2020 4pm – 7pm Norths, 12 Abbott Street, Cammeray
- Saturday 22 February 2020 11am – 2pm Balmain Town Hall, 370 Darling Street Balmain.