Heroes save Hamlyn Heights man

Two tradesman quick actions have saved the life of an elderly man in a house fire last night.

Heroes save Hamlyn Heights man

CFA was called to the Robb Avenue home at Hamlyn Heights around 10pm.

The elderly man was asleep when the fire broke out and two workers in the area saw the house on fire and rescued him.

The man in his 90’s suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns. He was treated by Ambulance Victoria and transported to hospital.

The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes and was contained to the kitchen area. The remainder of the house received smoke damage.

The cause is believed to be accidental in the kitchen.

Fire investigators found the property had no smoke alarms.

CFA wants to remind people about the importance of having a working smoke alarm in your house – it can save your life.

/CFA News Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.