Regional member wellbeing advisers (MWAs), part of the Organisational Wellbeing team, are very much focused on the regions.
Although they report centrally, MWAs are embedded in each region and work across all the districts in their region. Being a regional resource helps to build relationships and to gain a better understanding of local needs – no district, region or brigade is the same as another.
An MWA can help by:
- offering a range of educational and awareness programs
- promoting strategies to improve and maintain positive mental health and wellbeing
- providing coaching and support to all members including leaders
- raising awareness of CFA’s wellbeing support services and how to access them
- promoting and providing support for regional wellbeing initiatives such as R U OK? Day, Movember and Mental Health Week.
MWAs can also deliver a range of training packages including:
- Let’s Talk About Wellbeing overview session
- Mental Health and Resilience
- Strengthening Team Relationships
- Conflict – Resolution and Management
- Having Courageous Conversations
- Change and Transition.
The advisers also deliver Mental Health First Aid, The Working Mind First Responders and Psychological First Aid.