The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has amended the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 (the Regulation) to introduce a range of nominal fees for certain planning applications, certificates and payments that are to be paid by the applicant as part of the digital application process on the NSW Planning Portal.
These fees are different to the lodgement and assessment fees charged by Councils and private certifiers. They have been introduced to support the ongoing maintenance and delivery of the NSW Planning Portal and the related ePlanning Digital Services.
The Regulation amendment will come into effect from 1 July 2021.
The fees are as follows;
- Modification of Development Consent: $40
- Site Compatibility Certificate: $40
- Construction Certificate: $40
- Subdivision Works Certificate: $40
- Occupation Certificate: $40
- Subdivision Certificate: $40
- Building Information Certificate: $40
- Review of Determination of DA: $5
- Lodgement of a Planning Agreement: $5
- Application for a BASIX Certificate: $5
- Certificate Registration for;
- Complying Development Certificate: $5
- Construction Certificate: $5
- Subdivision Works Certificate: $5
- Occupation Certificate: $5
- Subdivision Certificate: $5
- Payment of Development Contributions: $5
The Department is developing payment functionality on each of the relevant ePlanning Digital Services to enable applicants to pay all relevant fees online prior to lodgement.
Further details will be provided closer to 1 July 2021.