A partnership spanning more than 60 years will continue for at least another 12 after national waste management company JJ’s Waste and Recycling officially signed on to continue Toowoomba Regional Council’s domestic waste collection services.
The 12 year contract now officially signed will see residents and ratepayers across the Toowoomba region continue to be serviced by JJ Richards until 2035.
TRC Water and Waste Portfolio Lead Cr Nancy Sommerfield said the signing of the contract between TRC and JJ Richards for Waste and Recyclables collection would ensure ratepayers continue to receive a high quality collection service.
“The tender process behind awarding JJ Richards this contract was a rigorous one as waste collection and recyclables is one of our biggest operations as a local government.
“I’m confident we have secured a great deal providing a high quality waste collection and recycling service to our community long into the future.
“JJ Richards has a long and proud history in the Toowoomba Region with the company’s first ever Council contract being awarded by Toowoomba in 1962.
“The contract will ensure the Toowoomba community continues to receive a high-quality service by a valued local contractor.
“I look forward to this long and proud partnership continuing into the future,” Cr Sommerfield said.
Photo caption: TRC Water and Waste Portfolio Lead Cr Nancy Sommerfield pictured with Tom Richards from JJ Richards after the contract was signed for the company to continue domestic waste and recyclables collection across the Toowoomba region.
JJ’s Waste and Recycling
- Core business – waste and recyclables transport logistics
- Reach – National and NZ and incumbent contractor
- Ownership – Privately owned Richards Family (largest, privately owned waste management Company in Australia)
- 90 years’ experience in the waste industry
- Employs over 2,700 people
- Currently services 56 local governments and over 110,000 commercial customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Commenced in 1932 Murwillumbah NSW
- 1st Toowoomba Contract in 1962 and 6th consecutive contract commenced in 2013