Jeremy Rockliff,Minister for Education and Training
The latest release of Education data shows that Tasmanian schools have more teachers, more specialist staff, more funding and more enrolments.
These statistics demonstrate the record level of investment the Hodgman Liberal Government is making in education – highlighted by our $7.1 billion investment in the State Budget.
Since we have been in Government, we have regularly released key education data as part of our commitment to transparency and openness.
Key data for 2018-19 being released today includes:
- Funding – which has increased
- Enrolments in First Term Census
- NAPLAN results for years 3,5,7 and 9
- Specialist staff – which has increased from 147 FTE in 2014 to 166 FTE in 2019
- Teaching positions – which have increased by 95 FTE from March 2018 to March 2019
- Disability funding – which has increased to $93.35 million, an increase of $24 million since we came to Government.
The Budget includes $145 million in recurrent funding which allows for an additional 358 new staff, including 250 new teachers, and $184.2 million in education infrastructure.
The full report is available at: www.education.tas.gov.au