Kiama Council remains open for business but is encouraging the public to take advantage of our phone and online services due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
To minimise contact and the risk of contracting COVID or having to isolate, we have reduced the number of people in our offices, with staff working from home where possible.
Our essential services like waste collection, cleaning and maintenance are all continuing.
Our facilities that remain open with COVID-safe QR check-ins and mandatory masks for indoor areas include:
- Administration Centre customer service counter
- Kiama Leisure Centre
- Kiama Library
- Gerringong Library and Museum
- Visitor Information Centre
- The Pavilion
- Kiama Coast Holiday Parks
Council facilities currently closed to the public:
- Blue Haven Residential Aged Care facility – on lockdown until 25 January
- SENTRAL Youth Services – drop-ins suspended until 27 January
January council events:
- Our Australia Day awards event has been cancelled
- Our Australia Day citizenship ceremony has been moved online
While our customer service counter remains open to the public, we’re encouraging members of the community to interact with Council via phone or online where possible.
Payments can be made over the phone by calling our cashiers on (02) 4232 1105.