A man is due in Wagga Wagga Local Court tomorrow charged over the alleged kidnapping and assault of his former partner, NSW Police say.
Police from Wagga Wagga Local Area Command have been told the 26-year-old woman was allegedly assaulted with a baseball bat then forced her into a car by the man, about 6pm yesterday.
The man, also aged 26, allegedly drove around the area for some time, refusing to release the woman and again hitting her with the baseball bat.
The woman was released at a home in Glenfield Park and she alerted police.
The man was arrested and taken to Wagga Wagga Police Station where he was charged with eight offences:
• Kidnap with intent to commit serious indictable offence/occasioning actual bodily harm
• Take person with intent to commit serious indictable offence
• Stalk/intimidate intend fear/physical harm
• Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
• Common assault
• Drive while disqualified
• Take and drive conveyance
• Destroy or damage property
The man was refused bail to appear in Wagga Wagga Local Court tomorrow.
The woman was treated at Wagga Wagga hospital for facial injuries and bruising.
Police have applied for an urgent provisional AVO.