The Olympic Highway has reopened at Bendick Murrell, north of Young, after being closed due to flooding
But many major roads are still closed due to the floodwaters, and motorists are still advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected areas.
Anyone who needs to travel is advised to take extreme care, never drive through floodwaters and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
In the Central West and South:
- The Newell Highway is closed between Forbes and Wyalong.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Forbes and Cowra, between Legh Street and Morongla Road in Cowra, as well as between Forbes and Jemalong.
- Henry Lawson Way is closed between Forbes and Grenfell.
- The Escort Way is closed between Forbes and Eugowra.
- The Mid Western Highway is closed between West Wyalong and Goolgowi.
- Canowindra Road is closed in both directions at Canowindra.
- The Olympic Highway is closed in both directions at Bendick Murrell.
- The Newell Highway is closed between Gillenbah and Jerilderie.
- The Sturt Highway is closed between Darlington Point and Collingullie.
- West of Albury, the Riverina Highway is closed at Bungowannah and at Coreen.
- Kidman Way is closed at Wallanthery.
In the North:
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed between Gunnedah and Quirindi.
- The Kamilaroi Highway is also closed between Walgett and Bourke, between Walgett and Burren Junction, between Wee Waa and Merah North, and between Wee Waa and Narrabri.
- The Castlereagh Highway is now closed between Walgett and Coonamble.
- The Gwydir Highway is closed between Collarenebri and Telleraga Road, west of Moree.
- The Carnarvon Highway is closed between Garah and Mungindi.
- The Oxley Highway is closed between Warren and Collie (west of Gilgandra).
In the state’s North West/Far West:
- The Silver City Highway is closed between Broken Hill and Packsaddle, as well as between Tibooburra and the Queensland border.
- The Cobb Highway is closed between Booligal and Wilcannia.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils are also affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.