Latrobe City Council has supported community groups by approving over $258,000 worth of funding in round two of Council’s Community Grants and Sponsorship programs.
Round two of Council’s Community Grants and Sponsorship programs resulted in the funding of 69 applications, to assist groups to run community events, purchase much needed equipment and undertake capital works projects.
Council will provide $233,000 worth of funding through the Community Grants program and $26,500 through the Community Sponsorship program this round.
“The Community Grants and Sponsorship Programs represent a significant contribution by Latrobe City Council to local projects,” Latrobe City Council Mayor, Cr Sharon Gibson said.
“Grant funding is not only a way of acknowledging the contribution that individuals and groups make to community life and the social fabric of Latrobe City.
“Grant funding also enables groups to take pride and ownership of projects, allowing these groups to achieve much more with financial support and enabling them to action much needed projects for their organisations and clubs.”
Among the projects and groups funded by the grants program are:
Minor Capital Works
- Installation of solar panels at the Gippsland Croatian Association
- Dressage arena sand resurfacing at the Ravens Park Riding Club, Traralgon
- Technical Infrastructure and Training Initiative – Glengarry Junior Football Club
- New toys for the Moe Rainbow Toy Library
- Tyers Community Engagement drive – Traralgon Tyers United Football Club
- First Aid Training – WRJ Latrobe, a community-based recreational running group
Community Event – Minor
- Moe Art Society Inc Spring Art Show – Moe Art Society Inc
- Latrobe Valley Philatelic Society Stamp and Coin Fair – Latrobe Valley Philatelic Society
Community Event – Significant
- Morwell Festival of Dance – Morwell Festival of Dance
- Traralgon Apex Bonfire Night – Apex Club of Traralgon
Community Sponsorship – Major
- Latrobe Valley Eisteddfod – 2021 Performing Arts Festival.