Due to health concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), Nillumbik Shire Council will temporarily close its five sport and leisure centres.
The closures will come into effect from the centres’ usual closing times this evening until Monday 13 April, at this stage.
The facilities affected are:
• Eltham Leisure Centre
• Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre
• Community Bank Stadium, Diamond Creek
• Diamond Creek Community Centre
• Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool
Yarrambat Park Golf Course remains open.
Nillumbik Shire Council Chief Executive Officer Carl Cowie said public health and safety was Council’s top priority.
“While there will be significant inconvenience for our centres’ members and guests as a result of these changes, we hope these precautionary actions will help slow the spread of the virus,” he said.
“Each centre is working to contact their customers to ensure they are kept fully informed as this situation unfolds, and look forward to welcoming everyone back at the earliest opportunity.”
Council is following government recommendations, which include prohibiting non-essential gatherings of more than 100 people, and social distancing measures.
Centre members and residents are encouraged to follow the centres’ websites and social media for more specific information about service disruptions.
• Eltham Leisure Centre: www.elthamleisurecentre.com.au
• Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre: www.diamondvalleysfc.com.au
• Community Bank Stadium Diamond Creek: www.communitybankstadium.com.au/
• Diamond Creek Community Centre: www.diamondcreek.ymca.org.au
• Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool: https://diamondcreek.ymca.org.au/swim/pool-information We are continuing to review and monitor the situation and will advise the community when we have more information.
For full details on all Nillumbik Shire Council closures, cancellations and disruptions go to our website at www.nillumbik.vic.gov.au and follow us on Facebook @nillumbikcouncil.