Innovating for Diversity
Lessons from Top Companies Achieving Business Success through Inclusivity
March 28, 2023 (Hoboken, NJ) – In their new book, Innovating for Diversity: Lessons from Top Companies Achieving Business Success through Inclusivity, Bertina Ceccarelli and Susanne Tedrick share how-through the application of innovation principles-businesses can accelerate the hiring, retention and advancement of underrepresented talent, and ultimately, positively impact their bottom lines.
You’ll be inspired by business leaders at top companies across a variety of industries who identified root causes of limited DEI progress and created smart, bold solutions for increasing representation, developing future talent, and advancing the careers of people often overlooked.
NPower CEO Bertina Ceccarelli and technologist Susanne Tedrick work every day to break down barriers to social and economic mobility. In her role at NPower, a North American non-profit committed to helping young adults and veterans launch tech careers, Ceccarelli is on a mission to advance racial and gender equity in the tech industry and disrupt the status quo to build a more inclusive workplace.
In her groundbreaking and critically-acclaimed book, Women of Color in Tech (Wiley, 2020), Tedrick informs and inspires women of color of their limitless professional opportunities within the tech industry and offers strategies for advancing their tech careers despite well-documented obstacles. Tedrick is an outspoken advocate for greater diversity across the tech sector, a frequent speaker, writer, and host of Wiley’s Diversity in Tech webinar series.
The authors write, “Great leaders don’t settle for ‘good enough’ when it comes to identifying and training diverse talent. They push their teams to question what’s possible and to innovate scalable solutions.”
In Innovating for Diversity, you’ll find case studies from Fortune 100 companies and small businesses that took courageous action, as well as candid commentary from C-suite leaders about their biggest fails, unexpected wins, and the grid and commitment needed to implement systems change.
You’ll also learn:
- The most common traps that cause corporate DEI programs to fail
- The business case for diversity, as well as the moral and ethical imperative
- How to disrupt the Fixed Practices and Fixed Attitudes that get in the way of change
- Introductions to the people and companies who have innovated their approaches to diverse hiring, retention, and advancement and enjoyed pronounced impact on their bottom lines
- How Citi and Accenture successfully used the apprenticeship model to foster tech talent from diverse backgrounds
- Profiles of committed leaders driving the change towards a more diverse and inclusive workforce
- How Coca-Cola and Zendesk get mentorship right
- How Target and Quartz succeed in retaining diverse talent through innovative approaches
- How the National Hockey League (NHL) and World Wide Technology (WWT) take a comprehensive, long-term approach to building systems that bolster inclusive cultures and build greater value for all stakeholders
- Rewards for breaking down stubborn cultural and organizational barriers in companies that prevent transformative change
A critical resource for senior-level business professionals, managers, and executives, Innovating for Diversity will also prove to be invaluable for people seeking to build their careers from the ground up.
About the Book
Innovating for Diversity: Lessons from Top Companies Achieving Business Success through Inclusivity
March 2023 | ISBN: 9781119909897 | $35.00 | Hardcover | 240 Pages