The Main Yarra Trail will be temporarily closed between Cremorne Rail Bridge and Punt Rd Bridge due to sediment removal works under the trail.
The trail will be closed on weekdays 16 June to 15 July 2020 between 7.30am and 5.30pm. Parks Victoria have provided directions and a map (below) for recommended alternative routes.
City bound Cyclists
- Detour at MacRobertson Bridge onto the Capital City Trail for approximately 4.4km which then connects back onto the Main Yarra Trail at Anderson St via Morell Bridge (Anderson St Footbridge).
- Riders are advised to dismount and walk their bikes across the MacRobertson Bridge (Grange Road) as indicated by signage.
- Detour at Anderson St onto the Capital City Trail via Morell Bridge (Anderson St Footbridge) and connect back onto the Main Yarra Trail via MacRobertson Bridge
- The cycling route is based on the avoidance of stairs, if a cyclist is willing to take stairs, the walking detours can be used by the cyclist.
City bound Pedestrians
- Cross the river at Church St Bridge or Cremorne Rail Bridge and follow the Capital City Trail on the southern bank of the Yarra for approximately 2.3 km.
- Pedestrians can connect back onto the Main Yarra Trail via either Punt Rd Bridge or at Anderson St via Morell Bridge (Anderson St Footbridge).
- Cross at Anderson St via Morell Bridge (Anderson St Footbridge) or at Punt Rd Bridge and follow the Capital City Trail. Connect back onto the Main Yarra Trail via Cremorne Rail Bridge or take the stairs down to the Main Yarra Trail at Church St Bridge.
- The pedestrian route includes stairs at Cremorne Rail Bridge (stairs lead up to the bridge and down on the other side) and Church St Bridge (stairs lead down to the Main Yarra Trail on the northern bank of the Yarra). See recommended cycling route for route without stairs.
- Pedestrians can also detour through the backstreets of Richmond and Cremorne.
This is a Parks Victoria project. Please contact Parks Victoria