The Liberal Government is focussed on issues that are important to Tasmanians – improving health and education, keeping Tasmanians safe, taking action on the cost of living, building the infrastructure our growing state needs and protecting our way of life.
The Quarter One update on our Building Your Future – Second Year Agenda outlines how we are delivering on our commitments.
Throughout the quarter, the Government has delivered and progressed more than 106 initiatives, including:
- Completion of the first stage of our Affordable Housing Strategy, as well as exceeding our build target for social housing with 444 new homes built,
- Opening the new $12.1 million St Helens District Hospital,
- Finalised the full roll-out of the Aeromedical Rescue and Retrieval Service, Tasmania’s first ever integrated medical and search rescue helicopter service delivering quicker response times that will save lives.
- Investing $26 million over three years to deliver our Safe Homes, Families, Communities: Tasmania’s action plan for family and sexual violence 2019‑2022,
- Opening the new eight unit Women’s Shelter in Southern Tasmania in partnership with CatholicCare,
- The introduction of the Greater Hobart Bill in Parliament to unlock $1.4 billion of investment in our capital city,
- Brand Tasmania commencing as the nation’s first place-branding statutory authority, and
- The introduction of the Biosecurity Bill into Parliament to better protect our primary industries and environment from potential diseases, pests and weeds.
None of this would be possible without a strong economy, and for the first time in 15 years Tasmania has the strongest growing economy in the nation.
During the next quarter, the Government will release the first Tasmanian Trade Strategy Annual Action Plan, launch the Regional Tourism Infrastructure Investment Attraction pilot, commence project planning for the new Bridgewater Bridge and open round two of the successful Levelling the Playing Field grants program.
The Quarter One update is available at: http://www.premier.tas.gov.au/documents/Second_Year_Agenda_-_1st_Quarter_Report.pdf
The Government’s full Second Year Agenda is available at: www.premier.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/447939/Second_Year_Agenda_-_Web_Final.pdf