Former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and billionaire investor and renewables champion, Mike Cannon-Brookes, will be the keynote speakers at Australia’s biggest ever renewable energy summit at the Sydney Hilton Hotel today.
They will join big Australian businesses and renewables industry CEOs in showing how and why companies are embracing renewables and taking action on climate change.
Companies with a collective market capital and assets under management of $300 billion will tell the Summit they are investing in renewables not just because they want to reduce their carbon emissions but because they see renewables as a huge business opportunity.
Highlights of the National Smart Energy Summit include:
· Matt Kean, NSW Energy Minister 9.15am
· Audrey Zibelman, CEO Australian Energy Market Operator 9.45am
· Pat Regan, Group CEO, QBE Insurance 10.00am
· Malcolm Turnbull 10.15am
· Kristian Fok, Chief Investment Officer, Cbus Super 11.45am
· Mike Cannon-Brookes, 12.00pm
The full Summit program can be found at www.smartenergy.org.au/summit
The National Smart Energy Summit will be held at the Hilton Hotel, 488 George Street from 9.00am-5.30pm today.