A man will face court today charged over allegedly assaulting police at a licensed premises in Sydney.
About 2.40pm yesterday (Tuesday 6 December 2022), officers from Kings Cross Police Area Command were patrolling on Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst, when they observed a man verbally abusing and attempting to assault staff at a nearby licensed premises.
Two male constables approached the man to speak with him before he allegedly picked up a sign and struck one officer in the arm.
As they placed him under arrest, the 24-year-old man allegedly assaulted the two officers again.
One of the constables suffered minor injuries to his face.
He was arrested and taken to Kings Cross Police Station, where he was charged with 11 offences, including:
- use offensive weapon with intent to commit indictable offence,
- assault police in execution of duty cause actual bodily harm,
- assault police,
- two counts of resist police officer in the execution of duty,
- destroy or damage property,
- enter enclosed land without lawful excuse,
- fail to quit licensed premises,
- common assault, and
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm.
The Alexandria man was refused bail to appear at Downing Centre Local Court today (Wednesday 7 December 2022).