Today’s appointments to Queensland Government business boards have increased the total representation of women on these boards to 54 per cent.
Acting Treasurer and Minister for Investment Grace Grace said 15 of these 24 board appointments were women, a record for Queensland.
“Of the 15 women newly appointed or reappointed, three will also become the new chairs of their organisation: Ann Sherry AO with Port of Townsville, Lisa Caffery with Sunwater, and Jane McTaggart with North Queensland Bulk Ports,” Ms Grace said.
“This representation reflects a modern state and a key goal of our government to improve gender balance on corporate boards.”
Minister for Transport and Main Roads Mark Bailey congratulated the new board members and acknowledged the work of outgoing directors.
“The decisions made by our boards allow Queensland Government corporations to operate efficiently and effectively, so I thank those finishing their tenure for their services to 5.2 million Queenslanders,” Mr Bailey said.
Minister for Energy, Renewables and Hydrogen, Minister for Public Works and Procurement Mick de Brenni said strong appointments across the boards will see Queenslanders continue to reap the benefits of keeping these assets in public hands.
“I particularly congratulate and welcome Kara Keys and Marianna O’Gorman to our Queensland-owned energy corporations, at a time when they have never been more important to delivering our ongoing COVID-19 Economic Recovery Plan,” Mr de Brenni said.
Minister for Regional Development and Manufacturing, Minister for Water Glenn Butcher said Queensland’s government-owned corporations held particular importance for the regions.
“These companies create thousands of jobs in regional Queensland – good, secure work that supports families and our communities – so it’s important for them to have strong leadership,” Mr Butcher said.
New appointments and reappointments:
Queensland Investment Corporation
- John Battams, Director (reappointment)
- Susan MacDonald, Director (new)
- Jane Perry, Director (reappointment)
Queensland Treasury Corporation
- Neville Ide, Member (reappointment)
- Jim Soorley AM, Director and Chair (reappointment)
- Kathy Hirschfeld AM, Director and Chair (reappointment)
- Kara Keys, Director (new)
- Alan Millis, Director (reappointment)
Gladstone Ports Corporation
- Abi Cheadle, Director (new)
- Ryl Gardner, Director (new)
North Queensland Bulk Ports
- Jane McTaggart, Director and Chair (new)
- Andrea Ranson, Director (reappointment)
- Russell Beer, Director and Chair (reappointment)
- John Hogg, Director (reappointment)
Port of Townsville
- Tess Bishop, Director (new)
- Danielle O’Toole, Director (new)
- Ann Sherry AO, Director and Chair (new)
- David Marchant AM, Member and Chair (reappointment)
- David Hamill AM, Member and Chair (reappointment)
- Penny Tovey, Member (reappointment)
- Marianna O’Gorman, Director (new)
- Lisa Caffery, Director and Chair (new)
- Leeha James, Director (new)
- David Stewart, Director (reappointment)