NAB will donate $150,000 to support relief and recovery efforts in the communities affected by bushfires in New South Wales and Queensland.
A donation of $50,000 will be made available to NAB bankers in the communities impacted to provide to local charities as recovery continues in the months ahead.
A further $50,000 donation will be made to Australian Red Cross for its ongoing emergency work. In addition to the donation, the bank will match up to $50,000 of customer and employee donations through branches and online banking.
“The damage caused by these bushfires is extensive, and families and businesses face the prospect of a long and heartbreaking clean-up,” said Mike Baird Chief Customer Officer, Consumer Banking.
“Our customers are reporting significant impacts, including livestock loss, farm damage and crops being ruined; we want to assure all of our customers that we are there to help them through this difficult time.
“Our teams want to be there to support their local communities and assist the charities and volunteers on the ground who are making a difference.
“From this week donations to the Australian Red Cross will support the disaster relief and recovery efforts of volunteers and Red Cross staff who are helping communities in this time of great need.”
Donations can be made at any NAB branch across Australia or by logging onto NAB Internet Banking.
Customers can log into Internet Banking and select: Funds Transfer ” Donation ” Charity ” Australian Red Cross.
On-the-ground support by NAB’s specialist hardship team
Specialist NAB bankers, who are trained to support customers in hardship, will travel to NSW and Queensland in coming weeks to help retail and small business customers access support, including financial relief and referrals to counselling.
Please visit NAB’s dedicated disaster relief page for updates.
NAB Disaster Relief Package
NAB is continuing to offer financial relief to customers affected by the bushfires, including:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Support to manage existing regional and agribusiness bank facilities;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers on 1300 360 364.
For further assistance:
- Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT).
- Small business customers that need help can call 1300 961 577.
- Agri customers that need help can contact their banker.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For Property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 13 29 28.
For more information about NAB’s disaster and crisis support for customers, visit www.nab.com.au/about-us/corporate-responsibility/customers/natural-disaster-and-crisis-support