Nagambie – Victoria Top Tourism Town Finalist

Nagambie has officially been announced as a finalist for the Victorian Top Tourism Town Award.

The inaugural Tourism Industry Council of Victoria (VTIC) program is designed to recognise both well-established and emerging towns in Victoria that deliver successful visitor experiences and are committed to growing visitation.

“We are delighted that one of the towns in Strathbogie Shire has been named as a finalist for this year’s Victorian Top Tourism Towns Awards,” said Strathbogie Shire Mayor Chris Raeburn.

The region is home to magnificent wetlands fed by the majestic Goulburn River with the neighbouring Strathbogie Ranges providing a stunning backdrop to the town.

“The submission outlined an action packed itinerary for visitors to our town, including awardwinning wineries, eateries, galleries, amazing scenic driving routes, walking and cycling trails, fishing, canoeing and extreme water sports,” said Go Nagambie President, Lee Rowland.

The winner of the awards will go on to compete against Australia’s other States and Territories for the title of Australia’s Top Tourism Town and Australia’s Small Tourism Town at a major industry event in August 2021.

“We wish Nagambie all the best for the awards, however, simply being named a finalist is a fantastic achievement for Nagambie,” said Mayor Raeburn.

The public vote will make up 70 percent of the overall score, with the remaining 30 percent decided by tourism industry judges.

Be sure to vote for Nagambie before 27 May 2021 to go into the draw to win a Melbourne getaway for two. The prize package includes a one night’s stay at the new luxury W Melbourne Hotel, passes to NGV’s Winter Masterpieces, as well as a delicious afternoon high tea at The Hotel Windsor.

“I encourage everyone to go online to vote for our beautiful town of Nagambie,” said Mr Rowland.

Vote here: https://www.vtic.com.au/toptourismtown/nagambie/

Nagambie Top Tourism Town Awards

/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.