Ten new ACT Fire & Rescue Station Officers have today been promoted after graduating from an intense training program.
The newly-promoted officers will lead their crews, responding to emergencies across Canberra.
The Station Officers have earned Diplomas in Public Safety (Firefighting Management) and learned valuable skills that will equip them for the day-to-day challenges of managing teams within ACT Fire & Rescue.
The ACT Government remains committed to supporting ACT Fire & Rescue to protect Canberra as our city continues to grow. Growing and upskilling our emergency services is crucial for keeping Canberra safe.
This year we have already supported:
- six ACT Fire & Rescue lateral recruits welcomed
- five ACT Fire & Rescue members completing the Commander Development Program
- the 2019-20 ACT Budget allocating 36 new firefighters through a further two recruit colleges
- the 2019-20 ACT Budget commitment to expanding the ACTF&R fleet with two new vehicles
- the 2019-20 ACT Budget investing in pre-planning for two new emergency stations in Molonglo and the City.
The next Recruit College is also scheduled to commence at the end of June 2019 for a further 20 firefighters.