A group of Hobsons Bay residents will gain insight into how Council manages $1.1 billion of infrastructure assets as part of the Asset Plan Focus Group.
The Asset Plan Focus Group, representing a cross-section of the community, will help shape Council’s first Asset Plan and help safeguard our assets into the future.
In 2019 and 2020, Council endorsed Asset Management Plans for roads, bridges, drainage, buildings and open space. The Asset Plan is a requirement of the Local Government Act 2020 and will build on the Asset Management Plans, incorporating all of Council’s assets in one overarching document.
Council’s $1.1 billion of infrastructure assets includes:
- 443kms of road
- 720kms of footpaths and shared trails
- 61 bridges (including 41 footbridges, 14 road bridges, five boardwalks and one jetty)
- 222 buildings (including sports pavilions, libraries, kindergartens, community centres, public toilets)
- 541,119m stormwater pipes
- 20,893 drainage pits
- 95 playgrounds and more.
The Asset Plan Focus Group will attend three workshops in August and September (dates to be confirmed).
Feedback from the focus group will be used to:
- inform the intervention levels that triggers Council undertaking works to renew an asset
- assist in the development of an action plan that will inform the 10-year maintenance and capital renewal of the assets
- help shape the overarching Asset Plan