New recycled footpaths

This new product uses approximately 95% REDCycle soft plastics, with the remaining 5% using other recycled materials. So for example, in 20kgs of pavement pour, there will be approximately 19kgs of soft plastic. Using the standard weight of the plastic bag, this equates to approximately 4,750 pieces of soft plastic that have been diverted from landfill.

We have successfully trialled it in our new footpaths along Bergins Rd, Rowville. It will be also be used for new footpaths along Napoleon Rd and Burwood Highway, and hopefully more projects in the future.

We are excited to introduce recycled products into our roads and pavement programs as part of our commitment to sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint.

/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.