On average, around 3,000 Australians die from the flu each year.4 The Guild National President, George Tambassis, Melbourne says many Australian adults are misinformed about the seriousness of the flu and its highly infectious nature,1 citing “the flu virus can affect anyone, even the fit and healthy,5 so your best defence against the flu is vaccination.”6
To learn more about the new research, and why pharmacy represents a convenient, time-efficient and cost-effective destination for flu vaccination, tee up an interview next Tuesday with:
1.Pharmacy Guild of Australia 2018 Flu Vaccination Study. Conducted by YouGov Galaxy; commissioned by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia. February 2018.
2. Australian Government Department of Health. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Number of notifications of all diseases received from State and Territory health authorities, 2017 Report. Available at [Accessed: March 2018].
3. Prime Minister of Australia, Minister for Health. Media Release. Health and Social Services. 18 February 2018. Available at: https://www.pm.gov.au/media/ground-breaking-flu-vaccines-protect-millions-aussies [Accessed: February 2018].
4. Influenza Specialist Group. How Influenza (flu) is spread. Available at https://www.isg.org.au/index.php/about-influenza/how-influenza-is-spread/ [Accessed: March 2018].
5. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza (flu). Seasonal Influenza (Flu). Flu Symptoms & Severity. Available at https://www.cdc.gov/flu/consumer/symptoms.htm [Accessed: February 2018].
6. Australian Government. Department of Health. Conditions and Diseases: Flu (influenza). Available at: https://beta.health.gov.au/conditions-and-diseases/flu-influenza [Accessed: March 2018].
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).