A $2.4 million upgrade of Kiamba Road in Kiamba, a $1.48 million pedestrian pathway extension on Nambour Connection Road and a $763,000 commitment to progress the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2019/20 Budget highlights for Division 10.
Divisional Councillor Greg Rogerson said council’s $848 million budget included a diverse mix of valuable projects to help build a strong community.
“I’m very pleased for the residents I serve in Division 10 to see a strong allocation of additional funding from council towards the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project, which is a key component of the Nambour Activation Plan,” Cr Rogerson said.
“This project will reactivate the heritage listed tramline through the centre of Nambour and create a genuine tourist attraction and a point of difference for our great town.
“Council’s $2.4 million upgrade of the existing gravel road on Kiamba Rd to an appropriate sealed road standard from the end of the existing sealed section of Image Flat Road bridge is also a win for residents in this area and will provide safer conditions for all road users.
“The Image Flat Road Bridge No.4 will also undergo a $1.3 million upgrade to improve road alignment, safety and visibility, particularly for the high number of heavy vehicles which frequently use this bridge, plus the upgrade will provide an increased flood immunity for all residents
“Council has also allocated $150,000 towards Town Centre Placemaking at Eumundi, to assess the current issues the town is facing via a place health audit and community engagement process.
“The Elders St Landscape Plan at Nambour will see $47,457 allocated towards the design and construction of a new dog off leash area, $90,000 towards the Nambour Aquatic Centre car park and $43,937 towards tidying up the Old Nambour Skate Park.
“We’re also carrying out works in the highly popular Mapleton Lillyponds Park to replace old BBQ and seating facilities; we’re replacing the timber boardwalk in the junior playground at Kenilworth Town Park and establishing a safe crossing point for visitors at the top of the waterfall in Cilento Park, Nambour.”
Division 10 highlights for the 2018/19 budget include:
- $2.4 million upgrade of 2.3km section of Kiamba Rd existing gravel road to sealed road
- $1.48 million for the Nambour Connection Rd pathway project south of Erbachers Rd to Magnolia St
- $1.3 million to renew and realign Image Flat Rd Bridge No. 4
- $763,000 commitment to the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project
- $322,000 to construct a carpark off Elder St in conjunction with Aquatic Centre upgrade, Nambour
- $150,000 towards Eumundi Town Centre Placemaking Project
- $100,000 towards the Nambour Petrie Creek Parklands Central Master Plan
- $40,000 towards BBQ and seating replacements in Mapleton Lillyponds Park
- $30,000 towards sealing, widening, drainage works and construction of a turnaround point on Creightons Rd, Kulangoor
- $20,000 to design and construct pedestrian and cyclist bridge for recreational trail use at Eumundi-Noosa Rd
- $15,000 to replace the damaged boardwalk in Kenilworth Town Park.